Reporting to: Area Operation Manager
Job Purpose: To monitor and control day-to-day ship operation and ensure that all tasks are performed in accordance to the company’s procedures. The vessel operator is a very responsible position and often called upon to provide support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of the specifications of all vessels under operation.
- Check the suitability of cargoes for carriage and any physical constraints or financial effects.
- Provisionally plan the stowage of booked or planned cargoes in compliance with all relevant regulations, vessel limitations, and customer requirements.
- Continuously be aware of the economic conditions under which the transportation of cargo can be performed for the customer, assuring the highest possible profitability of the concluded business.
- Ensure full compliance with the agreed Charter Party terms & conditions.
- Instruct the Master and Port Agents with regards to voyage orders.
- Plan in close cooperation with the vessels Master, local Agent and vessels broker the best possible port turnaround and monitor the vessels’ performance in Port assuring the best possible result.
- Ensure that the Shipping System, forms and data are maintained correctly and are fully up-to-date and complete.
- Plan bunkers for the vessel in the most efficient and safe manner
- Ensure that vessels will be provided with standard cleaning chemicals stock and sufficient fresh water.
- Provide Post fixtures team with all details required for invoicing, demurrage collection, and any other expenses to be charged to charterers in line with COA or C/P.
We are looking for a person with:
- Analytical mindset, find joy in a detail-oriented position.
- The excitement in working in a dynamic international environment
- General understanding of shipping/world trade
- The positive attitude is willing to learn and develop.
- Teamwork skills
- Chief Officer/Master on a chemical tanker or 2 years vessel operator experience
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- Ability to work under pressure high availability also during after office hours
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
If the above requirements fits your description then kindly send your motivational letter and CV.